Over the years- hundreds of schools (and thousands of parents and wrestlers who have attended) have learned the painful lesson of how difficult it can be to run an open wrestling tournament. And the reason for this is simple: it’s because they do it once a year. As a result, it’s nearly impossible to have an organized system in place, much less an experienced staff to implement that system. When you’re trying to organize hundreds of competitors into 50 or so weight classifications, all while trying to keep everyone happy on a very tight time schedule, things can and often do go downhill fast.
Veterans of the wrestling tournament scene have all seen the horror stories—events that start hours late, 12-hour tournament days, ridiculously drawn brackets. So for many years, schools have wanted to run open tournaments but shied away from doing so to avoid becoming “that tournament” that everyone left talking about (and not in a good way).
And that’s after all the initial headaches of finding officials, shopping for large amounts of concessions, buying awards, managing registration, locating necessary supplies, etc.
Simply put, OHIOQUEST solves all of those problems for you as the hosting school, allowing you to host a first-rate event that will be both a great fundraiser for your program and a tournament you can be proud to carry your school’s name. We send a crew of approximately ten experienced workers to each event and make the process painless for both the hosting schools and just as importantly, those who attend. With 12 years and over 600 tournaments of experience, we have a system that is extremely organized and efficient.
Quite literally, all the complex and tedious tasks are handled for you, including but not limited to:
- The Bracketing (hardest part of an open since you don’t know who is attending until that day and have very little time after weigh in to coordinate the weight classes).
- The Concessions
- Registration and Weigh-Ins
In addition, all the legwork is handled for you including lining up the officials, lining up the awards, advertising, and handling all tournament inquiries (emails, phone calls, etc.).
- Your program’s responsibilities are merely to put mats on the gym floor and provide table workers for those mats to keep score of the matches.
- Basically, once we set a tournament date, the event is “plug and play”—EVERYTHING is handled for you.
- ALL tournament expenses will be covered by Ohioquest, including but not limited to tournament officials and awards. No expenses means no risk for your program and that the check we write you at the end of the event for hosting is all profit for you.
- Exact amount the school will make is tied to what the turnout of the event is. Despite having our season cut short in 2019-2020, programs raised approximately $200,000 for hosting our events this past season alone.
- While you as the hosting school will have only a tiny fraction of the responsibility that you would if you ran the event yourself, you are likely to net the same amount if not more with Ohioquest running it. Reason being, in most cases, we will double the turnout you would get without us due to our extremely extensive advertising (including postal mailings, mass emails, and online advertising) and knowledge of what the best dates to run tournaments are in each area.
To receive more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (440) 840-2582.